Swachh Survekshan Grameen 2019
Swachh Survekshan Grameen-2019
The Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation under Ministry of Jal Shakti had commissioned “Swachh Survekshan Grameen-2019” (SSG 2019) through an independent survey agency to develop ranking of all districts of India on the basis of quantitative and qualitative sanitation (swachhata) parameters. The scope of the survey included survey of public places like schools, Anganwadis, PHCs, Haat/ Bazaars, Panchayat, SC/ST community toilets and citizen’s perception of Swachhata. To build credibility the ministry specifically also launched an intensive awareness campaign.
Theme: Swachh Gram Swachh Zila
683 Districts 17,209 Villages in 33 States & UT.
*Two new components were added in SSG-2019 to understand the effectiveness of IEC/BCC and Environmental Management.
- 5% of public places have access to toilets
- 7% of public places are plastic litter free
- 5% of public places are free from stagnant waste water
- 63% of districts reported the construction of community toilets in SC/ST basti
- 9% of districts reported public advertisement on special drive for universal coverage of HHs with toilets
- State of Haryana ranked topmost state in North
- State of Gujarat ranked topmost state in West
- State of Mizoram ranked topmost state in North East
- State of Jharkhand ranked topmost state in East
- State of Tamil Nadu ranked topmost state in South
- Daman & Diu is the top ranked Union Territory
- Uttar Pradesh is the state with maximum Participation via Mobile App & IVR
- Gorakhpur is the district with maximum participation via Mobile App & IVR
THE RANKING OF THE DISTRICTS AND VILLAGES WAS DONE ON THE BASIS OF THEIR PERFORMANCE ON THE FOLLOWING PARAMETERS:
- DIRECT OBSERVATION: 30%
- SERVICE LEVEL PROGRESS: 35%
- CITIZEN FEEDBACK:35%